Voice and data telephony started out as Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP. This is the technology that carries a telephone signal over a data network and/or the Internet instead of traditional phone wiring. VoIP soon expanded into “Enterprise Voice” which includes the integration of voice with data in enterprise applications, such as CRM or ERP. Some of these telephony solutions have application programming interfaces (APIs) that allow extensive customization to enable deep integration with business processes.
What does this mean for your business?
- Management of your entire phone system from your computer.
- An intuitive user interface that eliminates costly service calls to move a user or reprogram a phone.
- Transfer or make phone calls to your other offices or to traveling personnel without utilizing phone lines or incurring toll charges.
- Handle incoming, outgoing, and transferring calls from an application on your computer.
- Voicemail can be received and managed through email.
- Calls integrated seamlessly with your CRM, ERP, or other business software with click to dial, screen pop, and call history.
- Interactive voice response (IVR) systems that are integrated with your business processes.
What are the benefits?
- Reduce telecom costs by leveraging VoIP technology.
- Eliminate toll charges between company locations.
- Reduce maintenance costs by managing all users in all locations with a single web interface.
- Distribute applications such as voice messaging across your network.
- Improve productivity by integrating your phone system with your business processes.
Palitto Consulting Services is in the unique position of having extensive experience with all aspects of telephony. PCS has a staff of experts with a powerful combination of skills in telephony implementation, local and wide area networking, security, server configuration, application development and customization, and business process consulting. This convergence of skills and experience opens up a vast array of possibilities for maximizing business effectiveness.